Wednesday, September 10, 2008

JEWEL

Her name is Jewel and I met her for the first time at Eleen's place. She was adopted by Alice, Eleen's sister. Both Pearl and I went to visit her that morning. I took my guitar with me and played that peaceful gospel song.

Jewel was only two weeks old when I saw her. She has beautiful eyes, that rounded chubby face.. and I remembered carrying her in my arms and as I lullaby, she would looked at me with those lovely eyes.

You are who you are for a reason
You're part of an intricate plan
You're precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man

You look like you look for a reason
Our God made no mistake
He knit you together within the womb
You're just what he wanted to make

The parents you had were the ones he chose
And no matter how you may feel
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind
And they bear the Master's seal

- Russell Kelfer

No comments: